Friday, February 20, 2009

5 Thoughts on a Friday

1. TGIF!! Thank goodness it's Friday. After all my thinking about this being an decent and fairly easy semester, I was so wrong. I look forward to Fridays like I've never looked to them before. Something about knowing I can sleep in tomorrow, if only for an extra hour. Something about knowing I have two days to get a million things done, but still feeling like I'll have some free time in there. I think I love Fridays as much as I loath Wednesdays.

2. I made the mistake of going to the humane society yesterday. I had a litle free time in the afternoon and so I went just to play with the puppies for a little bit. I can't help it, I've been wanting a dog ever since I moved into my apartment two years ago. Even though it's against my least, which is the main reason I haven't gotten one yet. Plus I know they are a lot of responsibility and I want to be fair to him. With me being gone all day, it just isn't fair. So... until I can handle (and afford) one, I'll live a dogless life.

3. On the other hand, I've found two (that's right, two!) roommates for next year! I'm finally not going to be living alone anymore! Not to say that I haven't enjoyed my own place, but I just think I'm at a point where I'm ready to have roommates. The best part about this, besides living with the two coolest people I know, is that it's a really nice place and will be really cheap split between us.

4. Turns out my hip problem might be worse than I thought. The trainer still isn't really sure what's wrong with it so I have to get an X-ray on Monday and see the team Doctor on Tuesday. The trainer thinks it could be a tear somewhere, or something out of place in my joint. Pretty much, it's important that we get it fixed so I can be active later in life. I don't really mind if I end up sitting out for outdoor season... what's important is that I get fixed. I don't want to be sedentary or put on restriction for the rest of my life. I've got to keep running marathons after all.

5. I got some news that rocked my world a little bit this week but things are ok. I know my post (and this) is a little criptic, but more will come later. I'm just not ready to express things yet, however, God is good and I'm starting to see how things really do happen for a reason. God's plan is so much bigger than mine and I couldn't be more thankful that he saw fit to lead my life in the direction that it is headed right now.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments: