Friday, February 27, 2009

4 Thoughts on a Friday

Happy Friday!!! After a decently busy week (as usual) I'm living my favorite day with a scatterbrained mind:

1. Only one more week until Spring Break, however, these next seven days are going to be the seven busiest days of my life considering I have three papers due, due award applications, and homework. But, a week of freedom will be bliss. I still have no plans (there's talk of camping, of St. Petersburg, of Ireland...not really)but I have this feeling it's going to be here at home where I plant myself and enjoy sleeping in and doing absolutely nothing. As long as I'm with friends and my love, it doesn't really matter where I am.

2. I finally saw the team doc on Tuesday and the diagnosis wasn't as bad as I thought. No amputation! :) After some rigorous testing, he concluded I just have a weak hip. The muscles seems to not want to absorb energy as well as they do on my other joint. So, I'm off running for three weeks and strength training like you wouldn't believe. The off running part isn't as bad as I thought since I'm in between indoor and outdoor seasons. It's actually the best time to be cross training right now. As for strength training, I'm working with the trainer three days a week and in the weight room the other two. Rest on weekends. So far, I've done two days and I can barely feel my legs. I am so sore, but taking the pain in hopes that this hip gets better. I'd rather have to strength train/lift the rest of my life to keep my hip functioning without pain so I can run, than to have surgery and be sidelined for the next however many years I have left.

3. There are only 70 days until I graduate from college. Yesterday I acquired my cap and gown and it's so crazy to think I'm almost done. This last year is going way to fast, part of me thinks, but I'm also excited. I'm looking forward to a nice summer break and teaching/writing in the fall. I may only have freshman but I'll be teaching college and possibly working on what may become my best selling novel. I never, ever saw that one coming.

4. Life is just good. There are so many things I could be worrying about these days, but I have a wonderful family who I care deeply for, the most amazing friends who make my life so fun and who I hold as my sisters, and someone to love and spend my days with. Love, in all of those aspects, outweighs everything else.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

No comments: